1. Embedded Systems
Embedded Systems / Definition / |
System is bunch of things put together that serves some goals.
Embedded is something stuff together, bunch of parts to do something and achieve some goals.
Embedded System is systems with computer embedded inside in them, that has some non computer related functionality.
Embedded Systems Examples
- Sensor Light Switch
- Remote Control
Embedded Systems Requirements
- Electric Power
- Digital: is Discrete = Power On/Off
- Analog : is continuos Wave
- Circuit: is Electronic
- Bread Board (Proto-Board): is platform for building prototype circuits.
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB): is permanent can not be changed.
- Integrated Circuit: can build as many as can.
- VLSI - throw away, can not be change.
- Package: Integrated Circuit in a Package
- (leds, photo diods, resistors, diods, capacitors)
- Electrostatic Discharge:
- Volatile Memory will not keep contents when power goes off.
- Non-Volatile Memory will keep it contents when when power goes off.
- Random Access Memory: volatile memory
- Read Only Memory (ROM): write once, read many
- EEPROM: Electronicaly Erasable Programable Memory
- Registers: piece of memory, very fast, very expensive, and close to CPU